Thursday, May 22, 2008

Influencing Probablity Game and Evocation Process



I thought this game from Occult Forums was an interesting ritual game to play:

"Influencing probability by odds calculation practice. This is quite simply "the dice-rolling game". For it you need:
* A pair of dice.
* A notebook.
* A writing instrument, i.e., pen or pencil, or crayon for those of you who are not allowed to have sharps.
Open the notebook. Write down the date/time at the top of the page. Pick up the dice. Pick up the pen/pencil. Roll the dice. Write down your result--this can either be a combined result, i.e., "9" or an itemized result: "3, 6". Roll the dice again; write the result down again. Keep doing that for awhile without thinking about anything. Once you start to see a pattern emerge--for example, you may be rolling a lot of 10s (in which case I will never play Yahtzee with you)--start TRYING TO ROLL that result. Make a mark in your notebook where you started trying for a particular result, and write down the result you want like in the margin. Once you start trying to roll a certain number or combination of numbers, keep track of how many times you "win" and how many "losses" you have.

Your notebook will look something like this:
28 February 2008, 1155

4, 2 (6)
4, 6 (10)
3, 1 (4)
6, 5 (11)
(etc. Now I notice I'm rolling a lot of 4s, either in combination with another number or combined, so I start rolling for 4s.)

4

3, 2 L
1, 3 W
4, 6 W
(etc.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Don't work on this for more than a half an hour or 45 minutes at a time, especially if you live with someone else. It will scare them, and they will start thinking about sending you for mental health services. Trust me on this. Plus an obsession can develop, and you don't want that. So yeah--half an hour, 45 minutes, then stop. Set a timer so you won't have to keep looking at the clock.

When you do this exercise, try not to place a lot of expectations on yourself, or get too discouraged if you can't seem to influence the dice as you would like to. This is something that takes a LOT of practice. You may work on it for weeks before you start seeing some results. I do know people who get the hang of it fairly quickly but then have a hard time applying the trick to things in real life, to whom I say: Once you start getting results with this, start paying more attention to what is going on in your mind when it seems to be working. When my dad was in military service, he used to win tons of money off people playing dice. I have discussed this with him many times and asked him to show me how to do this, but all he can do now is describe it to me, since he was in a really bad car wreck some years ago and messed up his hands to the point that he can't roll dice anymore. Nevertheless, when he described what he was doing to me when he WAS able to win at dice, he said pretty much what I'm telling you here: "It's not just what you do with your hand, you have to think of a certain thing," and I would of course ask him what that thing was, and he would kind of shrug and reply, "It's not really a THING, but the order your thoughts go in when you are thinking. I can't describe it, but you know it when you have it." In other words, what he was telling me about was magic.

So don't get discouraged. Try to apply the dice exercise to other things that involve probability, such as the behavior of animals or people in a group setting, for example: There are two women sitting at the bar; which one will get up to use the bathroom first? and stuff like that. (DON'T start placing bets on this stuff, as it will lead to a gambling habit. See my above caution about obsession.)"

And here's a simple rundown on the evocation process my friend and I have used successfully to summon out Loki and Odin:

1. Went to a location where we felt a good magical vibe. In this case a forest.
2. Poured screwdrivers, lit candles.
3. Asked for the blessing and protection of the spirits of the forest.
4. Poured some of the screwdrivers into the ground.
5. We took turns describing the god we were summoning, using song, and chant, trying to build up a free conscious flow of voice and sound to enter into a trance state.
6. Once we got a sense of the gods vague presence, we started to describe and enhance that.
7. the gods started to appear on our periphery in the forest, and we described how they looked to one another, until both of us could see what the other was seeing.
8. We then entreated the gods to come closer and join with us in a drink.
9. We told them our intent for wanting to work with them. We poured them drinks. And then circled back out of the ritual, thanking the gods for coming, thanking the forest for its protection. And then we left the grounds.


Results:
Earliest results.

More results: I've since started a rune ritual to learn the runes, which I hadn't been that interested in before this ritual summoning Odin. I was thinking of working more with Scrying at the time. Some people have said I've become a little meaner and more irritable. I'm not sure how true that is. I've had a rush of information and learning sine that time period as it pertains to magic. And while I've encountered resistances, they've generally been ones that have made me stronger and more articulate. I've also started an altar ritual for Odin, I will explain later. And then I've begun experiencing the runes I'm studying in life changing ways. For instance, last week the rune was wealth. And in that time span I had a job interview that went so well that I will soon be going in for a follow up, and that seems promising. And then I also sold my car these two things are almost last minute, but even just the car thing will allow me to hold on financially for one more month. The Old man has also crept into my writing. I've done one short story, and one short comic script that both seemed to have Odin in a prominent role in the background guiding the proceedings. And then he's cropped up in other writings as well.
I've also had a few experiences where I've felt or seen him on the periphery of my day to day life. Including hearing the hoofclomps of Sleipnir during the lighting of the Altar I have made for Odin. And seeing his eye through a window while I was thinking about when to buy cookies for my rune ritual.

So, so far the ritual has been a success. There's still a long way to go. But things are progressing nicely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not serious, are you?

How about having people calculate the mathematical probability of rolling a four on two dice the way you describe? 14/36, 38% chance. Then have them count over time...their rolls will regress to the mean. And if they do not, either check out the dice for flaws or go to vegas and make lots of money.

 
>