Thursday, May 1, 2008

Gandalf's Mac and the Technopagan Agenda



Grinding.be has a fantastic blog about the usage of Magic to describe and interact with new techonological metaphors. It's what I would call a "must read". It's something that I have been very passionate about, and actually something that I am currently making a comic book about. So...yeah. Read that shit.

"Which brings me back ’round to magick. These “archaic” systems of thought have very detailed methodologies for incorporating and manipulating systems of information that extend beyond the traditional notions of the body or physical existence. Many of these systems understand the importance of the Idea and how these phantom things can heal or hurt.

Technology has brought us back to magickal thinking because magickal thinking has working maps of the empherial and invisible human experience that are just now being made visible to all via leaps in information technology."


Something I jotted into my notes the other week:
"Future is Magic.
Magic is Past
Future is Past"

It's very simple, but I think in that lies the basis for how we will evolve out of the coming eschaton event.

No comments:

 
>