Thursday, April 17, 2008

Magical Tipping Point-Personal Anecdote




I think there's a point in every young magicians life when something happens that just thorougly pushes them over the edge into true believerhood. And while I've seen a lot of great things in the past several months of my practicing--I've seen friends possessed by spirits completely and utterly, I've seen sigl after sigil work--the last two days though have been just jaw dropping.

It started yesterday when I decided to work on constructing an astral temple. Once I had the bare bones set, I was able to kind of go there on the fly while out and about and do various magical acts. The best one of course was when my friend lost her credit card in her car, and was totally losing her mind over it. I entered into my astral temple, scribbled out a sigil for her to find her card in the soon, and as I fired the sigil a flash of light went wizzing past me. I opened my eyes, and my friend began looking in the side of her car, and I just knew that she was going to find the card there. And lo and behold, not 20 seconds after I had fired the sigil, she found the card and the day was saved.

But that wasn't even the best one. Some months ago when I was just starting out I was working with various ridiculous sigils that I wanted to try. One of them was that I wanted to see two Saluki's walking down broadway on the way home. I thought this was bizarre enough that when it happened it would be a huge proof to me that the magic worked. But the problem here was it became a sigil that I obsessed about overly, to the degree that it seemed like it would never happen. In fact earlier in the week I was talking to my friend about this ridiculous saluki sigil, and how it was probably evidence that I had failed on that one because I had obssessed about. But talking about sort of eased my mind about it and I forgot entirely about the salukis.

Until I was driving home today, and my attention was drawn by these two tall black dogs that were walking down the street. I thought they were Dobermans at first. But as I pulled past them, I saw their whole body and face--and sure enough--two black salukis just chilling it down broadway.

As stupid as it sounds, even with all of the magical happenings I had already created, it was always this sigil that was going to be the thing that tipped me over into fully buying in.

Thus now begins the downfall.

Hooray!

No comments:

 
>